Friday 10 February 2012

Worlds colliding

So, it was probably bound to happen. I like tying knots, and fibres, and string, and rope is just pretty much big string, right? And, a lot of the knots are like macrame knots, right?

And I don't create in a vacuum and I am not an island...
I just wish my torso wasn't so grubby... and was a real life, very patient person...

The always effervescent Puzzletits.

So... shibari, that ancient Japanese art of tying people up, with different kinds of restraint and ties based on social status, sex, disability and likelihood of escape. There's more, but, well, it is currently just body macrame to me. The aspects of healing, meditation and tantric sex that shibari can also be used for are still beyond me. 


And here's why: This is my third attempt at it. Ever! The first two attempts have been by myself, on myself, and the going is s-l-o-o-o-o-w when attempting intricacies behind your back. Not that I wasn't successful, mind; I'm pretty boss. And I always have my safety scissors!

No comments:

Post a Comment