Saturday 31 March 2012

I used to draw once....

Oh those many years ago! But here I sit, hoary, decrepit, bathing in the glow of nostalgia.

Results of a collaborative project in my first year of uni. My partner dropped out shortly after. Coincidence? Probably.


Drawing project semester one, year two:






Painting project: Make 25 artworks in 3 hours.


Brush + ink over waterpaint splashing.
Embraced the random paint splatter with ink and nib, and out came a rattish skull shape.


Cleaning excess blue and purple paint off my brush turned into an excercise in complimentary blending and experiements in lines....afterwards, out came in ink and nib again.



Appropriation of an advertising image, one of those creepy ones where women selling shoes/perfume are portrayed as murder victims or something equally dark.

Yeah, like that.
This was meant to loosen us up, learn about expressive and gestural techniques. Totally failed on the timeframe, passed overall because I'd done the work, a lot of work.


Drawing classes, semester one year two:


Drawing class: I think this model was drunk.

Drawing project: I know this model was drunk. Total waster.

Drawing class
Drawing project

Trying my hand at feet.

Trying my hand at morbidly adorable. I think I missed the mark.


1 comment:

  1. I love the "hang in there" It reminds me of 1st year, hanging out in your room your at Concannon, ditto the rat skull thingy.

    ReplyDelete