Wednesday 14 March 2012

First rugging workshop

....went well. Nine people learned a new skill, and I have some more information about running a workshop that will ensure things go more smoothly next time (float!). Bought a receipt book and worked out how to use that too.

Especially not looking at the camera here...

The last time I was in a classroom situation it was with...two dozen year tens. It felt wierd to shift gears up a couple of decades, and initially I felt wary of having my back turned on anyone in case they were throwing glue sticks at the ceiling, feeling each other up or texting.

It just wasn't the right crowd for that!

Everybody got into it, hooray!


And as an added bonus, I learned how to french knit from Leanne. Haven't quite worked out the point of creating any length of such a small, uniform tube (anatomy textiles?) but when I think of a good one, you'll know about it.



Leanne running me through the casting on process.

No comments:

Post a Comment