Tuesday 11 September 2012

theSPACE

So, theGRID's residency is over for me, and the new artists have moved in. I thought it would be nice to have a wee retrospect of what Danish and I (along with Dale Mundi, and Ben Tupas of Oh Darling Downs) did with the space at the end of the day.
 
It's been a gradual process, and I've added the photos haphazardly. The only way to best capture the madness might be stop-motion, over a period of weeks. But, here's a break down of what we've done.
 
Drawing on butcher's paper, hanging up collages and bunting

....so there you go then
 
[Desk.workspace] - Kelly's space
After about a month, I had a couple of desks and what not in the space that I was using infrequently. In part, that was because they were being used for extra height when painting murals (wall drawings?).

I eventually got tired of that and carved out an L-shaped deskspace, into which I piled paint, plastic, snacks, wools, matryoshkas, all manner of junk. That was then my space, but from it I could access/view the room's many wonderful features;

Flooring:
Loved that astroturf
Fireplace/vent (with helpful fire diagram above):
A corner of Ben's space (shelf + plants), example of Dale's work
                                     
 
Olive green velveteen couches (cranky old muppets not included): 
Some nice n' shitty couches - they are even worse in person
A role model for organisational skills (good feng shui?):

Ben's ultra-organised space
 
Eye-candy:
Dale & Danish's hellspace. Every piece of paper for itself in there.
No room is complete without one of these: 
Dale, again
Or one of these:
uni-CORNY ahaha!
 
Dale's latest plan: Genetically modifying snakes that shoot tears/upsidedown hearts at intruders to lull them into a state of confusion

This actually worked really well. Thanks, [flat-pack assembly furniture company]
 
Every week, there'd be some other thing on the walls - hard to see in this photo but they've really pulled the room together

Then, it was over. I packed everything in a number of boxes, pulled down the bunting, and left.
[End residency].

No comments:

Post a Comment